The very first day you are at work, you feel so fresh with lots of ideas and enthusiasm. You really wanted to put at work what you actually know and learn what you lack. But you only know how you will be able to put into practice what you know as the time passes. Only the time can tell you how you have to work and what you need to do.
The day i joined my office, i had lots of ideas that i really wanted to put into practice. I wanted to outshine others not just for my own benefit, but for the good of the office, with my new ideas; and i had lots of energy stored during my school time to learn lots at my work place. But does it materialize? NOT AT ALL:the least i have expected.
I could have gone to the districts, may be for the experience at the grass roots. But i failed, heeding to the advices from the seniors that you learn more in the head quarter than in the districts. I now feel that i could have gone to the districts looking for more experience than the opportunity that you wait at the head quarter. But I do not regret for working at the headquarter. It has its own charm. And I will have to accept that you will always find the other valley greener. With the big "BUT", I have something in my mind to make my work place a better one, a good place to learn and share what you know. May be someone should initiate the following things...
The day i joined my office, i had lots of ideas that i really wanted to put into practice. I wanted to outshine others not just for my own benefit, but for the good of the office, with my new ideas; and i had lots of energy stored during my school time to learn lots at my work place. But does it materialize? NOT AT ALL:the least i have expected.
I could have gone to the districts, may be for the experience at the grass roots. But i failed, heeding to the advices from the seniors that you learn more in the head quarter than in the districts. I now feel that i could have gone to the districts looking for more experience than the opportunity that you wait at the head quarter. But I do not regret for working at the headquarter. It has its own charm. And I will have to accept that you will always find the other valley greener. With the big "BUT", I have something in my mind to make my work place a better one, a good place to learn and share what you know. May be someone should initiate the following things...
- Reorganize the working system in the office(Division of Work).
- Revisit the job description and clearly define what you exactly have to do.
- Clearly spell out the expected outcomes.
- Monitor and assess the expected outcomes by the boss quarterly or half annualy.
No comments:
Post a Comment