Dec 21, 2010

A happy moment: but where is it?

A moment to keep you free, a time to lift you up, a place to drain your miseries and happiness to shine by itself is a too distant reality.
A day may come where you have to scratch your head, where you may be knocked down and fall, but it would not stop by itself. Being a Bhutanese, we tend to believe that the pains and miseries we experience are the cause of previous life, but I feel it is certain that we can really wipe it out rather than keeping of its own to exercise on our mind and body.
“When I was in primary school, I felt I would be happy if I reach class ten. I thought I would be really happy if my mom and dad buy me a pair of converse. I had a feeling that I would be happy if I get a car of my own. But these all happened to me and still I feel I can be happier if things come on my way. But it feels to me now that our mind knows no bound”.
Now the question is; does the material that is comfortable buy you happiness? Of course it buys you the happiness but not the one which would last. But if we need to go along the way our minds wish, then where and at what height can we achieve the sense of true happiness? Can material being really buy the happiness? Can a big amount of money lure you the happiness in life? It may be to some extent.
In life, you toil and toil to earn money to buy happiness. As you earned, your health needs to reinforce and you need to spend the money there. So can we simply work to survive than bring in the wealth where your health deteriorates?
Thus, how far you travel and how hard you work, you may not achieve the happiness that you are looking for. You and I may not really reach to the land of happiness if we travel the whole world looking for it. The simple way to achive the happiness is knowing how to enjoy what you have at hand and STOP looking somewher...incomplete

No comments:

Post a Comment